Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

6 Week Pinterest Challenge - week 1


I'm feeling refreshed after a great weekend in the mountains. Sad to say I totally missed my first week of the 6 Week Pinterest Challenge, so here I am starting late. You can check out my ideas here.


I decided to start on my chevron mailbox first. An easy project and since I'm on holidays this week for spring break with my minions, my oldest could help.

 Here's my before. Not too bad for most, but not my style.



I set my oldest to paint the base coat. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, close to Paris Grey. I'm sure I tinted this can a bit darker. 


This was her first coat, I think I may have to touch up a few spots. Quicker to touch up, then do my self. So no complaints to her.


I wish I would have taken a picture with my graph, but you can check out this post by Mommy is Coo Coo. I did the same thing. Drew a graph and connect the lines to make stripes. Super easy. After I painted the white on (by hand with a small brush), I touch up the grey over any remaining pencil marks. Easy peasy.


Here is my before and after.


I'm thinking our house numbers on the front, or a monogram M. Decisions?

Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of your day.

Party time!

stonegableblogvintagezestkeepingitsimplecraftsmodvintagelifecupcakesandcrinolinecozylittlehouseastrollthrulifenotjustahousewifeelizabethandcocarolynshomeworkthewonderingbrainpersialoudiybydesignsavvysouthernstylegingersnapcraftsgreenwillowpondcommongroundaglimpseinsideblogmissmustardseed

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tabatha!
    You have a really cute blog... and we are nominating you (and your blog!) for a Liebster Award!
    We wrote all about it in our latest post... you can find more info there on what it's all about and how to celebrate!
    http://diypassion.com/2014/03/31/diy-passions-nomination-for-the-liebster-awards/#more-3608
    Congrats!
    Erin & Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mailbox! I would put the numbers on the front. Class it up! But, if you didn't, it still looks so cute!

    eldies-domesticated-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look! Kudos to your daughter for helping paint and to you for letting her be involved in your project! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh-- cutest mailbox EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.